PICS will provide you with extraordinary candidates interested in your mission and in providing you with a substantial work product.
Requirements to Host an Intern
- Provide meaningful work for your intern as described in your application. The best descriptions articulate clearly defined projects and responsibilities and show how a PICS intern can make a meaningful contribution to your organization.
- Financial Compensation – PICS interns are paid $450 per week for an 8-10 week internship. In addition to providing the intern stipend, Partners will contribute an internship management fee of $500 to PICS if an intern is placed.
- Offer inspiring mentorship and professional development. Interns are eager to learn from you and grow professionally while also having a service experience.
- Recruit the best candidates. (PICS averages over 600 undergraduate applicants each year).
- Provide resumes and cover letters from applicants for your review.
- Connect you with your applicants for in-person interview, and offer you the option of a first round alumni interview. Community partners can also chose to conduct a Skype or phone interview with candidates directly, and PICS will help facilitate the process.
- Handle the offer and acceptance process.
- Provide interns with an intensive pre-internship professional leadership and development program.
- Offer interns guidance and counsel throughout the summer as well as connect them with alumni to act as a mentor.
- Connect interns with opportunities to network during the summer.