The Bone Marrow & Cancer Foundation, founded in 1992, is dedicated to improving the quality of life for cancer and transplant patients and their families by providing vital financial assistance, comprehensive resources, educational information, physician referrals, and emotional support programs.
Guided by a medical advisory board of nationally-recognized cancer specialists and working with hospitals across the United States, the Bone Marrow & Cancer Foundation is the only organization of its kind that does not limit assistance to a specific disease, type of transplant or age range. For the past 27 years, the Foundation has connected patients and their families with the services they need— from diagnosis through survivorship—to make effective decisions about treatment and its aftermath. All of the Foundation’s programs and services are offered to patients and their families free of charge.
The Bone Marrow & Cancer Foundation is a small office environment so an important qualification for the position is a willingness to pitch in with a variety of tasks as needed. It is a rewarding job opportunity and requires excellent organizational and communication skills along with compassion.
New York, NY
The intern assists the Executive Director, Event Coordinator, and Patient Services Coordinators in all aspects of the Bone Marrow & Cancer Foundation’s administrative, event, and social work activities.
Data and Information Management:
- assist with data entry of donors and patients
- Manages donor databases and ensures that records are accurate and up-to-date at all times
- Assists with data-entry in all aspects of Foundation’s activities
- Prepares lists and reports as requested by Executive Director and Administrative Supervisor
- Administration and Office Management
- Performs general office administration
Program Support: work with the patient services coordinators and learn how we help patients with financial aid and resources
Fundraising Event Support: assist with coordinating our fundraising events(keeping track of rsvps, help to send out e-mail reminders, etc.
Social Media Assistance: market our programs and foundation on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter.
It is a great learning experience for someone to learn the in's and out's of how a non profit works.
# of weeks
NYU offers Summer housing for students & interns: https://housing.nyu.edu/summer/
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Excellent communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Team player with a “can do” attitude who is comfortable multitasking and working in a small office environment
Additional desired qualifications:
- Proficiency with fundraising software, preferably FundEZ
- A minimum of one year of administrative and fundraising experience