The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since its start in 1855, CHOP has been the birthplace for countless breakthroughs and dramatic firsts in pediatric medicine and is consistently ranked among the top children's hospitals in the United States.
The Cell and Gene Therapy Collaborative aims to build on Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's longstanding position at the forefront of cell and gene therapy research, which has already led to game-changing success. The Collaborative is designed to significantly increase the volume of new pediatric cell and gene therapy research and to accelerate the pace of clinical development by coordinating the efforts of multiple groups operating across the institution.
The internship program is designed to introduce interns to CHOP's Cell & Gene Therapy Collaborative under the umbrella of the Strategy and Business Innovation group, highlighting how CHOP expands its clinical and research programs.
Intern(s) will have the opportunity to work closely with the Cell & Gene Therapy Collaborative on one or more projects related to specific programs in our portfolio. Examples may include assessing the research landscape & industry market dynamics, evaluating commercialization opportunities for a research program, or developing strategies to drive improvements in research or clinical operations.
Intern(s) will be exposed to initiatives that are focused on accelerating novel clinical and research programs at CHOP
Intern(s) will have the opportunity to meet leading research and clinical faculty shaping the field of pediatric cell & gene therapy and gain exposure to core business skills relevant to enabling hospital / research strategy and innovation.
# of weeks
Large metropolitan area with many options within walking distance. Extensive regional rail allows for residence in suburban area. Remote work available.
Interns applying should possess the following skills or qualities:
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards; personal and professional integrity above reproach
- Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills with ability to synthesize disparate sources of data
- Outstanding analysis skills – both quantitative and qualitative
- Outstanding communication skills, including oral, written and presentation. Ability to synthesize complex trends into easy-to-understand communications.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Basic awareness of cell therapy, gene therapy, omics, and/or big data
- Background Check