Children’s Scholarship Fund Philadelphia (CSFP) is a privately-funded program whose mission is to provide children from under-resourced Philadelphia families with financial access to quality K-8th grade, tuition-based schools, thereby increasing their long-term economic and social success. CSFP grants need-based, partial scholarships through a random lottery. CSFP currently serves more than 5,000 children enrolled at over 160 private and parochial schools. We have a full time staff of 14 people. CSFP has benefitted greatly from having PICS interns for the last 7 years.
We utilize the intern(s) to assist with special projects and some assignments and work that are challenging for our small staff to accomplish with limited time and resources. We also look closely at the skills and experience that each individual intern brings and determine additional projects based on this information.
CSFP seeks to make the PICS intern experience unique from year to year. The following is a list of some of the projects that were assigned to PICS interns within the last few years.
- Assist in collection, follow up and analysis of survey information (from multiple surveys) from families and schools
- Translation of Program Materials in another language
- Creation of short educational STEM program videos through YouTube or Zoom
- Update family and school information in CSFP’s online database
- Update CSFP website information (school lists, detailed info about CSFP partner schools, etc.
- Event planning – assist in the creation of new virtual event platform for CSFP events
- Prospect research for new CSFP donors
- Update and create new content for CSFP social media
- Create technology tutorials to assist CSFP families •Update and find new summer resource information for CSFP families Research and interview CSFP families to participate in ongoing Family Stories project Lead/Participate in CSFP's quarterly book club for students, CSFP Reads
|# of weeks||Required Dates||Start Time||End Time||Public Transportation||Housing||Format|
Our office is located in Center City, Philadelphia. There are a number of college campuses nearby that will likely have rentals available.
The ideal candidate have:
- Previous work experience with under-resourced populations
- Skilled in MS Office
Additional or preferred qualifications:
- Experience/use of social media platforms
- Speak/write in a 2nd language
Writing Sample Required