The Feeding Texas network is the largest hunger-relief organization in Texas. Together with 21 member food banks, we reach over 5 million Texans annually with food and resources and engage the state in the fight against hunger. Our goal is to ensure access to adequate, nutritious food for all Texans, improve the health and financial stability of the communities we serve, and engage the state in advocating for hunger solutions.
Feeding Texas will gain capacity to explore new ways to digitally engage existing advocacy and politically active audience and largely untapped digital audiences of people experiencing hunger/community members.
- Manage weekly and monthly social calendar and content posting schedule
- Create engaging content for social media that supports and furthers overall civic engagement and organization-wide initiatives and goals, particularly engaging community voices and building political power in the communities we serve.
- Grow targeted digital audiences and develop their engagement over time in ways that build political power.
- Create graphics in Adobe Creative Suite or Canva
- Copywrite for social posts, blogs, website etc.
- Track, analyze, and report social media analytics
- Stay up to date on social media trends and new content formats
|# of weeks||Required Dates||Start Time||End Time||Public Transportation||Housing||Format|
- Strong writing skills
- Working knowledge of social media best practices and digital design tools
- Basic understanding of state and federal policy-making processes, and the political dynamics shaping these processes
- Understanding of the historical and current injustices that contribute to hunger in Texas and how awareness of these can inform more effective and just solutions
- Ability to create on-brand content within an anti-racist, anti-oppression framework that is effective both in persuading audiences to action, and supporting effective and just outcomes in a bipartisan environment
- Commitment to organizational mission to end hunger
- English-Spanish bilingual proficiency is a plus
Writing Sample Required
- Editorial (blog) or social media samples