KCRW is music, news and culture for Southern California and beyond. We strengthen individuals and communities with content that is relevant, meaningful and bold. We strive to serve the whole person. We celebrate music, art and culture, alongside public service journalism that creates deep connections to the communities of Southern California.
Santa Monica, CA
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Story research and social media assistance.
- Working with our Street team at events.
- Learning about audience services.
- Sorting and responding to community inboxes/pitches, PSAs, press releases, and music submissions.
The intern will discover the inner workings of a major public radio station, observing what different departments do and how they work with each other. They will learn how we serve the community as a nonprofit public radio station. Also, they will explore how audience services help us build a relationship with our listeners. This benefits an intern who is interested in radio because they will experience all it takes to make public radio happen. Successful interns will network and gain meaningful connections.
|# of weeks||Required Dates||Start Time||End Time||Public Transportation||Housing||Format|
- Desire to learn communications and marketing
- Familiarity with KCRW content a plus
Strong social media skills and an eager-to-learn mindset are preferred.
Writing Sample Required?
A short sample of writing is preferred.