Legacies of War is the only US based educational and advocacy organization working to build awareness of the American Secret War in Laos and advocate for US funding for bomb clearance and victims assistance. We are a small organization of 3 full time staff members and 18 board members from all over the world. We pride ourselves in offering real experiences that are tailored to each intern who joins our team. In additional to the brief descriptions below, interns will have the chance to interact with our incredible board members and partners, interact with all staff members on a regular basis, and work side-by-side with staff on all projects.
New York, NY
Social Media Intern: This internship is designed to allow students to development their skills in social media platforms like IG, FB, LinkedIn and Twitter. Students will have the opportunity to craft a strategy, design contents, draft messages and grow our social media followership. Students will also assist in article writing and learn and take part in our newsletter creations.
Fundraising Intern: Student will have the opportunity to partner with our Chief of Mission Advancement Officer in building our summer fundraising campaign, meet donors, assist with our "Thank-A-thon" calls as well as participate in fundraising events (pending covid restrictions). Student will also have the opportunity to assist staff with the planning of the Fall fundraising campaign and donor gift selections and swag designs. Grant writing.
|# of weeks||Required Dates||Start Time||End Time||Public Transportation||Housing||Format|
All of our internships for 2022 will be Virtual.
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Social media and content creation
- Organizational skills
- Willingness to learn, enjoys reading and history
- Interest in SE Asia and foreign policy
- Enjoys relationship building
- Good phone etiquette
- Likes teaching younger students
- Previous internship preferred but not required
- Prior to the start of the internship, we work with each intern to determine expectations and desired skills that they would like to develop and tailor to give them the best experience possible.
Writing Sample Requirement