Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. Having a Princeton intern will assist with our team's capacity to get things done in a very helpful way.
LIFT’s development team seeks a future nonprofit leader who is equipped to play an essential role in helping us continue to deliver critical services across the country. LIFT’s National Development Intern will bolster the capacity of the development team. This position will play a critical role in our success by supporting on several major projects as well as providing day to day operational support.
|# of weeks||Required Dates||Start Time||End Time||Public Transportation||Housing||Format|
- Demonstrated commitment to LIFT’s mission and core values (community service and prior experience with low-income communities is preferred)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Research and writing skills
- Excellent time-management skills and an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to thrive in the start-up environment of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization
- Must have flexibility, creativity, ability to take initiative, and a commitment to being a team player
- Attention to detail.
Writing Sample Required?
- Background Check