New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) provides artists, emerging arts organizations, arts administrators, and students with critical support, professional development tools, and resources for defining and achieving career success.
WHAT WE DO
NYFA was established in 1971 to serve individual artists throughout New York State. Since then, we have extended our programs and services throughout the United States and internationally and expanded our scope to serve additional members of the arts community.
- Awards and grants for individual artists in New York City, New York State, and nationally (including U.S. Territories)
- Access to increased funding opportunities for artists in all disciplines through our
- Fiscal Sponsorship program
- In-person and online professional development workshops, panels, consultations, and intensives for artists and arts administrators
- Mentorship programs and tailored resources for immigrant artists
- Job, opportunity, and space listings through NYFA Classifieds, the premier opportunities board for creative industries
- Work sample reviews for artists and students under the guidance of expert consultants and staff
By working with a Princeton intern, NYFA will be able to devote time to important and interesting projects that will help us to better understand our impact and share that impact with constituents. We're also eager to provide leadership and learning opportunities to a future arts and culture worker.
The NYFA 2022 Internship will focus on researching and developing marketing and communication ideas to support the organization as a whole. The intern will work with all program departments (NYFA Learning, Grants/Awards, and Fiscal Sponsorship) on research/data collection, ideation around marketing of that data to NYFA's audience and stakeholders, as well as presenting findings. This is an opportunity for an individual to contribute as a key driver in the development of this organization-wide project.
We plan to adapt internship specifics to take into account the student's interests, skills and career goals.
Over a 10 week period the Intern will dedicate 2 or 3 week periods to department-specific projects.
NYFA has been hosting internships for many years, one of the benefits is having access to a local, national and international network of artists, organizations as well as our staff, many of whom are working artists. We focus on providing leadership opportunities at all stages of a career and ownership with guidance on specific project(s) based on a candidate's goals and area of interest. Internships can turn into opportunities to work at NYFA.
|# of weeks||Required Dates||Start Time||End Time||Public Transit||Housing||Format|
NYFA is looking for someone who:
- Is a self starter with a positive attitude
- Has an interest in marketing and developing new strategies around communication
- Has an interest in the arts and may have spent time volunteering or working in an arts institution
- Enjoys writing, particularly for an online audience
- Has an interest in data analytics, visualization of data, and how data can inform impact
- Has an interest in working across departments to better understand the way a non-profit arts institution works.
- Experience with Excel, Word, Google Docs/forms
- Detailed orientated and ability to multitask
- Foreign language skills and/or interest in translation
- Strong communication, writing, and editing
- Experience with online social media, email campaigns and web-based research
- Working knowledge of NEON CRM database, or similar database a plus