The mission of Sharing Sacred Spaces is to build interreligious communities using the vehicles of architecture, education, dialogue, and hospitality. We are a newly established 501c3 with an Executive Director and small Board of Directors. As a "start up", each one of us fulfills multiple roles, and our commitment to creating interreligious understanding drives us to scale and build a strong presence in the world. Sponsoring a Princeton intern furthers our mission of training others in the skills of dialogue, understanding across difference, and interfaith mobilization.
Sharing Sacred Spaces, Inc. is seeking an assistant content manager to help with monthly content solicitation, editing, writing, and managing.
The Content Intern will build relationships with scholars, non-profit leaders, thought leaders, and public personalities to solicit blogs and webinars on community-building, sacred space, sacred architecture, relations across difference, and other affiliated topics. The Content Intern will additionally work with the Executive Director on developing both written and video content of sacred spaces. In addition, the content manager will generate a monthly list of external articles and news items of interest as further resources.
|# of weeks||Required Dates||Start Time||End Time||Public Transit||Housing||Format|
The internship will be virtual. The intern will not be restricted to any location. If they would like to live close to our office, we would be happy to reach out to our constituents to find suitable accommodation upon request.
This position requires:
- Writing and/or editing on a wide variety of stories and resources for Sharing Sacred Spaces web publishing.
- Working closely with external partners to execute publication and promotion of content that meets mutually agreed upon goals for co-branded campaigns, and white labeling of partner content.
- Translating sometimes heavy academic content into digital pieces to serve a general audience.
- Ability to read and understand scholarship from an abundance of sources to recognize thought trends and translate to a general audience
- Offer strategic insight and suggestions on content, and work collaboratively with other members of the organizational team.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, especially skill in writing compelling copy to drive audience engagement
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others in a remote work environment.
- Comfort in a startup, rapid-growth environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Writing Sample Required
- We sometimes run evening programs. Once a month the intern may be asked to be at a program from 7:00 - 8:30pm.