Springpoint is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s largest nonprofit providers of residential and home-based services and programs for seniors. For over 100 years, we’ve engaged seniors through unique housing, health care and wellness programs. As a nonprofit, we are driven by a mission to help seniors be more connected, engaged and vibrant members of the community. Today, we serve over 4,000 seniors through these four key groups:
- Springpoint Senior Living is composed of 29 residential communities, including eight Life Plan Communities (independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory support and short-term rehabilitation), an assisted living and memory care community, a skilled nursing and rehabilitation community, and 19 affordable housing communities.
- Springpoint at Home provides home care and care management services to help people age in place at home.
- Springpoint Choice, which is a membership-based program for adults age 55 and older, offers clients the option to continue to live at home, protect their income and assets against future long-term care costs and have the added assurance of care, when needed.
- Springpoint Foundation raises funds to provide financial security for residents in need, spiritual care, affordable housing support and an internship program to foster the next generation of team members.
As part of the Springpoint family, endless possibilities will open up before you. You’ll enjoy opportunities to foster strong relationships, explore new experiences and nurture your mind, body and spirit. At our nonprofit, mission-driven organization, everyone can live well.
Our Core Principles
At Springpoint, we take pride in our past and hold great anticipation for the future. Our unwavering commitment to those we serve and those who serve them hasn’t changed, but over the years we have expanded into new services and markets. The following guiding principles reflect our evolving organization and our bold aspirations for our future.
To inspire our family with endless opportunities.
To be the premier provider, offering exceptional services and innovative programs that empower those we serve and those who serve them to experience the best that life has to offer.
Respect: We recognize the value and dignity of every person.
Commitment: We are accountable to the greater community.
Compassion: We seek to understand and empathize with others.
Service: We strive to exceed expectations.
Excellence: We strive for the highest quality in all that we do.
Integrity: We are honest, responsible and ethical.
Innovation: We aim to continuously improve our services and organization.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In support of our mission to inspire the Springpoint family with endless opportunities, we are fully committed to embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion. To value and empower the lives we touch, Springpoint fosters a culture that respects the unique qualities, life experiences, and wisdom of each individual. It is through this diverse and inclusive environment that we are more engaged, creative, collaborative and innovative so all members of our Springpoint family can experience the best that life has to offer.
Princeton Junction, NJ
Gables Basic English to Mandarin/Chinese
Translation Service for Daily Needs of Residents
Concept: Create a series of practical bilingual (Chinese/Mandarin) flash cards using words and visuals to communicate with residents about daily needs at The Gables. The cards are conversational as well to collect basic information from the resident before making a request for service.
The flash cards would contain words/phrases that cover possible request made to staff in the front office, resident service coordinator and maintenance. Along with the words, a picture would also appear on the card. (see example)
Translations could include words/phrases such as:
- what is your name?
- What is your apartment number?
- How can I help you today?
- What do you need fixed in your apt.
- I need your signature
- Please sign here
- Show me what it is
- Do you need copies?
- Thank you
- You are welcome
- We are working on it
- Please wait a minute
We would like to generate a way to provide some timely response – as going to a translation service or getting their child on the phone takes a some time.
The intern will survey each department to determine common questions/concerns to produce the flash cards
The intern will create a survey to residents to determine common questions/concerns to produce the flash cards
We would like the intern to identify the limited English residents and what languages are needed to produce the flash cards in the languages needed
We would like the intern to become familiar with the wifi how-to’s so flash cards could be made to assist in navigating questions on use
We would like to explore how the intern could assist with LivWell – especially as residents begin to use Touchtown
|# of weeks||Required Dates||Start Time||End Time||Public Transit||Housing||Format|
We are close to the Princeton campus. If the student would be able to stay in their college housing for the internship that would be ideal.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to read, write and communicate with English and Mandarin/Chinese resident and employee population.
- Outgoing personality and experience with seniors is a plus.
Writing Sample Required
- Background check
- Drug screening